England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Ireland
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you or your child has them.
Self-isolation and treating symptoms
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
Testing and tracing
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus, understand your test result and find out what to do if you're contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
People at high risk
Long-term effects (long COVID)
Find out about the long-term effects coronavirus can sometimes have and what help is available.
Social distancing and changes to everyday life
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services.
Take part in research
Find out about health research studies and how you may be able to take part.
Download the NHS COVID-19 app
Riverside Medical Practice, Barker Street, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1QJTel: 01743 367891
Our Patient Participation Group is a group of patients of the practice who act as a link between the practice and you, the patient. Its aim is to help us to provide a better service to meet your needs. The Group meets regularly and also holds a number of social events throughout the year. New members are very welcome.
If you are interested in further information or wish to join the Support Group, please contact any member of the reception team, here at the surgery. You will then be contacted by the Chairman, Roger Briers.
Good for the patient because:
• Patients will be more responsible for their own health
• Patient will have better understanding and knowledge of the practice and its staff
• Patients will be consulted about arrangements for their primary health care before
decisions are made
• Patients will benefit from improved communications between patients and staff
• Patients will have a forum to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
Good for practice staff because:
• Doctors and their staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients in order to
increase their effectiveness
• They will be able to help patients with non-medical issues such as loneliness
• They will be able to get help from patients in meeting targets and objectives
• They will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients
• They will get closer to the community for whom they care
Good for the community because:
• Patients will have an organisation through which they can help other patients in need
• Patients will be able to acquire an idea of what is needed to improve health care, and
make sure the patient view is always represented
• Patients by maintaining an open dialogue with doctors and other health professionals will
increase the accountability of the staff
• Patients will have an opportunity to become involved in other community initiatives e.g.,
health living centers
Healthwatch Shropshire works to help people get the best out of their local health and social care services.
For more information go to www.healthwatchshropshire.co.uk
Please note that this link is provided as a courtesy to our patients. The practice will note be held responsible for any acts/omissions of the Healthwatch Shropshire group and does not necessarily agree with any of the group's policies, views or campaigns.
Patient Survey 2018
Patient Survey Results 2016
Patient Participation Group Report 2015
Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire Report 2014
PG Report Narrative March 2014
Patient Comments 2014
PPG meeting February 2017
PPG meeting May 2017
PPG meeting September 2017
PPG meeting November 2017
PPG meeting February 2018
PPG meeting May 2018
PPG meeting September 2018
PPG meeting November 2018
PPG meeting March 2019
PPG meeting June 2019
NB: The next meeting of the PPG will be Thursday 12th September 2019 at 6:30pm - this with be an open evening to add your say on proposals for the new building - See our News section for further information.
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use
this form for complaints - these should always be directed to the Practice Manager
Note that by using this form, you will be sending information about yourself across
the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should
be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter
concerns you then you should use another method to notify us of your comment.
Your IP address (126.96.36.199) will be sent
with your communication. In rare cases where abuse or criminal activity can be shown
to have taken place this may be used by the authorities to trace you.